Medical flight for injured and critically ill children
A rare disease that calls for special treatment, an accident with grave health consequences or a patient transport for repatriation from abroad – there are many possible reasons why a child may need to be moved from one hospital to another via a medical flight. If the little patient is in a critical condition, inter-hospital transfer poses a challenge in most air medical escort operations. We at PEDIATRIC AIR AMBULANCE can offer your child a safe bed-to-bed service directly to the destination hospital. Our intensive care transport is a combination of ground ambulance and ambulance flight, both of which are equipped with medical equipment to the same level as an intensive care station in a hospital.
We get your child quickly to its destination
If your child is in a critical condition, then it can only be transported with the highest safety precautions of our bed-to-bed service. During the medical flight transport and transfer by ground ambulance your child will be constantly monitored by experienced doctors and nurses using the latest medical devices. The medical equipment we use for the transport of patients includes:
You need help?
Hotline: +49 8153 880 3999
- Baby Pod II incubator for neonatal incubator transfers, specially designed for flexible deployment
- Hamilton T1® – a ventilator that supports even the tiniest of premature babies with a tidal (breathing) volume as low as 2 ml
- Alere EPOC® – a blood gas analysis device that determines oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood
- GE Vscan™ – a sonography and echocardiography device, which allows us to recognise complications as early as possible and gives us a visual display of heart function at all times
- Corpuls C3® monitor for constant monitoring of the patient, equipped with ECG, defibrillator, pacer, SpO2, NIBP and IBP sensors specially adapted for children
- Perfusor® compact S – up to eight syringes for intravenous therapies
- Storz C-MAC® video laryngoscope and further aids for alternative airway management specially adapted for children (e.g. larynx masks, QUICKTRACH® emergency cricothyrotomy set)
- AccuVein® and EZ-IO® – a vein finding system and an intraosseous vascular access system, especially for children
We check carefully which of our medical aircraft are required for the transport of patients, including consulting with doctors providing treatment at the hospital. Moreover, the decision to transport by ambulance jet depends on the state of health of your child and the circumstances at origin and destination. We can explain to you in detail which of our medical flight transport services best suits you.
Ambulance flight services in medically equipped aircraft
When great distances are involved, a medical flight is the only practical possibility for the transport of patients. Our medical aircraft are maintained to the highest standards of the German aviation industry with an unlimited licence. We conclude third-party and passenger insurance for our ambulance flights. That means we are not only able to transport your child or several children, but also in certain circumstances accompanying persons – other family members or additional healthcare specialists for medical surveillance.
The medflight aircraft we can charter for you:
King Air 200 with a range of up to 2,500 kilometres and space for one intensive patient
Learjet 35A with a range of up to 4,100 kilometres and space for one intensive patient
Citation 550 Bravo with a range of up to 2,778 kilometres and space for one intensive patient
Learjet 55 with a range of up to 3,900 kilometres and space for one intensive patient
Gulfstream 100 with a range of up to 5,000 kilometres and space for two intensive care patients
Bombardier Challenger 604 with a range of up to 6,850 kilometres and space for two intensive care patients
Boeing Business Jet with a range of up to 7,000 kilometres and space for up to six intensive care patients
We are a team of specialists
Your child will be cared for by at least one doctor and one nurse, medical professionals who are both paediatric specialists in intensive care. Our team undergo regular training and have worked many years of clinical experience at distinctive hospitals as consultant or senior doctor. When the effects of reduced atmospheric pressure or other challenges for the transport of patients by aircraft make it necessary, for example with in ECMO transport, paediatric cardiology, neurosurgical or general surgical cases, we add further medical specialists in the respective field.
Do you need a flight ambulance charter at short notice? We can fly your child worldwide with short, medium and long haul distances. If instead of our medical flight transport service a medical escort aboard airlines is also possible in your case, we would of course inform you of this alternative.